Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Berkeley, CA | Est. 2010
The SplitWing is our most minimal shelter for people whose top priority is achieving the lowest weight possible without compromising weather coverage. Designed with thru-hikes and FKTs in mind, the SplitWing and its modular accessories are adaptable to the wide range of conditions that are likely to be encountered on a 4-month-plus adventure.
When used on its own, the SplitWing is palatial for one and cozy for two. A pair of hardcore UL hikers (or very close friends) will appreciate sharing a shelter that packs down to the size of a grapefruit and weighs less than two packs of ramen per person.
At 7.9oz without the 6 included DAC j-stakes (10.3oz all-in), the SplitWing is damn light. Strategically-placed reinforcements made of our Expedition Series fly fabric keep the SplitWing in one piece when conditions get gnarly.
Unlike most shaped tarps, the SplitWing can be pitched with the front trekking pole anywhere between 105cm-120cm thanks to its front "wings", allowing you to prioritize floor area and storm protection with a low pitch, or provide generous headroom when pitched high. It's closed at the foot end to reduce drafts and increase weather protection.
- UL shelter for 1-2 hikers
- Front pole can be pitched from 105cm-120cm
- Can be optimized for headroom or width
- Apex guy points allow the tarp to be set up between two trees
- Reinforcement panels at high-stress areas
- Enclosed foot area provides more shelter from wind and rain than open tarps
- 9 perimeter stakeout loops
- 2 side guyout points
- Front guylines with clips for easy entry/exit
- Front wings provide storm coverage while pitching taught at a range of heights