Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Berkeley, CA | Est. 2010
The SplitWing is our most minimal shelter for people whose top priority is achieving the lowest weight possible without compromising weather coverage. Designed with thru-hikes and FKTs in mind, the SplitWing and its modular accessories are adaptable to the wide range of conditions that are likely to be encountered on a 4-month-plus adventure.
This bundle includes the SplitWing Tarp, SplitWing Mesh Body, and Removable Vestibule. It's one of the lightest, most versatile shelters around, and with the full system you can optimize it for any of the conditions you're likely to encounter on an extended thru-hike.
When used on its own, the SplitWing is palatial for one and cozy for two. A pair of hardcore UL hikers (or very close friends) will appreciate sharing a shelter that packs down to the size of a grapefruit and weighs less than two packs of ramen per person.
- Includes 6 DAC j-stakes
- Front pole can be pitched from 105cm-120cm
- Can be optimized for headroom or width
- Apex guy points allow the tarp to be set up between two trees
- Reinforcement panels at high-stress areas
- Enclosed foot area provides more shelter from wind and rain than open tarps
- 9 perimeter stakeout loops
- 2 side guyout points
- Front guylines with clips for easy entry/exit
- Front wings provide storm coverage while pitching taught at a range of heights
- Capacity: 1-2
- Floor Dimensions: 90" x 60"-72" (head, depending on pitch height) / 36" (foot)
- Floor Area w/mesh body: 24.8 sq ft + 6.8 sq ft vestibule
- Interior Height: 41"-47"
Weight: 21oz (trail), 24oz (packed)
- Fabric: 10D Nylon 66 Ripstop Sil/Sil
- Reinforcement Fabric: 30D Nylon 66 Ripstop Sil/Sil