Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Biddeford, Maine | Est. 2010
Hyperlite Mountain Gear's original backpacking pack.
*Formerly known as the "2400 Windrider"
The Windrider 40 is the pack that super-efficient thru hikers and backpackers graduate down to when their kits are dialed, and the calories and fuel they need along the way are never too hard to find. Ideal for weekend or section hikes where frequent resupply points are available.
There’s a kind of classic image that comes to mind when you hear the word “hiking.” Dense green and brown forests with meandering rugged root-strewn trails lead to awe-inspiring hill and mountain panoramas, and rivers and streams lull tired explorers to sleep at the end or strenuous but rewarding days. These are the environments where the Windrider takes flight.
- Internal Frame + Padded Hip Belt.
- Three external mesh pockets - easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Top Y-strap compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Zippered hip belt pockets
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic and whistle
- Internal 8" x 14” mesh sleeve for hydration bladder
- Integrated 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Two removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Grab Loop & Ice Axe Loop
- Volume: 40L (2400 cu. in.) main body
- External: 9.8L
- Dimensions: 30"H (fully unrolled) x 10.5"W
- Circumference (Top | Bottom): 37.5” | 33.5”
- Frame: Integrated 1/4” foam back panel pad, 2 removable aluminum stays
- Hipbelt: Padded non-removable with pockets
- Recommended Maximum Load Capacity: Up to 40lbs
- Small: 15”-17” torso
- Medium: 17”-19” torso
- Large: 19”-21” torso
- Tall: 21”+ torso
Weight: 29.8oz (White in size medium), 32.5oz (Black in size medium)
- Body: DCH50
- External Pockets: Mesh
- Shoulder Straps & Hipbelt: Hardline with Dyneema®, Closed cell foam, Spacer mesh
Made in Mexico
Ideal for: Backpacking & Thru-hiking in wet, wooded environments