Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Holmen, WI | Est. 2017
The Prairie Dog Shovel is an ultralight backpacking trowel that will earn its place in your pack. Weighing only .6oz (17grams), and free from sharp/snaggy edges, this essential outdoor tool will get shoved into your front pocket every time.
This innovative piece of gear can be used from either end of the tool depending on soil conditions. The wide-end of the shovel is highly effective for loose soil or sand, whereas the narrow-end pierces and pries its way through more difficult substrates.
The Prairie Dog is made in the USA from aircraft grade 7075-T6 anodized aluminum, making it highly durable, light, and corrosion resistant.
Every piece of gear in your pack has the chance to be awesome when it's go time, even the lowly backpacking shovel. The Prairie Dog is engineered with purpose, manufactured by craftsman, and created using the finest materials available. The result is a beautifully functional backpacking trowel that you will appreciate each time you use it.
- Lifetime Warranty against breakage under normal use conditions
- Unique design easily attaches to sticks or hiking poles like a spear tip giving the leverage to dig in extra hard soil
- Double sided: The narrow end is especially useful for cutting through roots and prying out rocks.
- Functions as an extra tent stake, snow stake, shoehorn, or even used to scale a fish.
- Stretch Mesh Friendly (No Sharp Edges)
- Dig the Perfect Cathole
- Snow Stake
- Transfer Hot Coals
- Emergency Splint
- Sandcastle Building
- Great Gardening Tool
- Fight Off a Rabid Jackalope
*Note: Zipties not included
- Dimensions: 7.5"L x 2.25"W
Weight: 0.6oz / 18g
Materials: Aircraft grade 7075-T6 aluminum