Ships directly from Vargo in 1-2 business days | Based in Lewisburg, PA | Est. 2002
This simple, yet classy design serves as the ultimate every-day carry knife. The combination of the satin finished sintered titanium blade, and the blasted titanium handle creates a classic looking knife that will feel practically weightless in the hand. The single position titanium clip allows the knife to be conveniently attached to a belt loop or pocket for easy access. The modified sheepsfoot blade, along with the superb edge retention of the sintered titanium, has an excellent balance of form and function.
The Sobata-398 is the perfect knife to take on long backpacking expeditions, to include in a tackle box for weekend fishing trips, or even just to be a centerpiece to an amazing collection!
- Titanium blade and handle are rust and corrosion resistant even in harsh environments
- Flipper tab and thumb slot allows quick one-handed opening
- Lightweight design for comfortable everyday carrying and use
- Integrated pocket clip
- Lock Type: frame lock
- Openers: flipper tab and thumb slot
- Blade Type: modified sheepsfoot
SHARPENING AND MAINTENANCE:
Sharpen normally with whetstones or diamond sharpeners (recommended). “Pull through” style sharpeners are not recommended. Sharpening angle is 14° (28° overall). Using specialized cleaners, oils, or any other chemical treatments (e.g. rust prohibitors) to the blade is unnecessary and not recommended. Use of knife specific lubes for the pivot is recommended.
WARNING: Knife is SHARP and potentially dangerous. Always use with caution and only for intended purposes.
For any repairs or maintenance above sharpening and lubing the pivot, please return to Vargo Customer Service for proper servicing.
- Total Length: 180mm/7.1in
- Closed Length: 100mm/3.9in
- Blade Length: 80mm/3.2in
- Blade Thickness: 3mm/0.12in
- Blade: sintered titanium ceramic silver alloy
- Handle: 6AL4V titanium
- Hardware: stainless steel fasteners, ceramic detent ball