Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Olathe, KS | Est. 1996
Home is closer than you think
If you’re venturing off the grid, this small, rugged satellite communicator goes beyond the limits of cellular networks to keep friends and family in reach with global two-way text messaging.
You can still connect to the ones who matter, even when there’s no cellphone coverage. Pair your inReach device with the Garmin Messenger™ app on your compatible smartphone to text via satellite or cellular networks. Need emergency assistance? Send an interactive SOS to our coordination center. When you need to be sure, the on-device display confirms that your message has been sent. Use check-in messages to easily check in with contacts as you travel. Stay on your adventures longer with up to 28 days of battery life between recharges.
- TWO-WAY MESSAGING: A simple user interface through the Garmin Messenger app on your smartphone makes it easy to exchange text messages with loved ones via satellite or cellular networks.
- SEAMLESS CONNECTION: Optimized inReach messaging uses a cellular connection of your smartphone when it’s available, then it seamlessly switches to a 100% global Iridium® satellite network when you go beyond available cellular coverage range.
- GROUP MESSAGING: With the Garmin Messenger app, your inReach connection supports group message threading and distribution. So, you can share your adventures with multiple contacts simultaneously - and have group text chats with friends and family.
- INTERACTIVE SOS ALERTS: In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to Garmin ResponseSM, a 24/7-staffed emergency response coordination center.
- LOCATION SHARING: Share your location with loved ones back home at any time using your MapShare™ page or with your coordinates embedded in your messages.
- FLEXIBLE SATELLITE AIRTIME PLANS: To access the global Iridium network and communicate with your inReach Messenger device, an active satellite is subscription required. You can opt for an annual package or a flexible month-to-month plan.
- Don’t let the 3.1 inch x 2.5 inch size and 4 oz weight fool you. inReach Messenger is tough, durable, impact-resistant and water-rated to IPX7.
- SAFETY CHARGING: Need a backup option in case your compatible smartphone battery dies? Just connect inReach Messenger to your phone for enough safety charge to send a custom text message from the inReach Messenger device via your phone’s touchscreen.
- EXTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE:The internal, rechargeable lithium battery gives you up to 28 days of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode, so you can do what you love longer between recharges.
- SYNC YOUR CONTACTS LIST: The Garmin Messenger app can sync with your compatible smartphone’s contacts list to make staying in touch even easier.
- ON-DEVICE DISPLAY: The inReach Messenger device’s high-end memory-in-pixel screen gives you the ability to confirm that messages have been sent, and you can even read responses right on the device.
- CHECK-IN MESSAGES: Check in with contacts directly from the inReach Messenger by using check-in messages that do not count toward your allotted text messages with an active satellite subscription
- OTHER GARMIN DEVICES: Remotely control your inReach Messenger device to send and receive text messages or trigger an interactive SOS using your compatible Garmin handhelds, marine equipment, aviation equipment, wearables or other select smart devices.
- INREACH WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE: Get detailed weather updates on inReach Messenger or your paired compatible device. You can even request forecasts for your current location, other waypoints or destinations on your itinerary.
- TRACBACK ROUTING: The TracBack routing feature navigates you back to your starting point the same way you came, should you get lost — right on your device.
- inReach Messenger
- Type A to Type C USB cable
***Discounts are not available on Garmin products.
- Dimensions: 3.1" x 2.5" x 0.9"
- Display Size: 1" x 0.43" (1.08" diagonal)
- Display Resolution: 160 x 68 pixels
- Display Type: sunlight-readable, monochrome, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable internal lithium-ion
- Power Input: USB-C
- Ingress Protection Rating: IPX7; withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Wireless Connectivity: BLUETOOTH®, ANT+®
- Up to 28 days with a message or location sent every 10 minutes with full sky view; up to 14 days with moderate tree cover
- Up to 6 days with a message or location sent every 2 minutes with full sky view; up to 3 days with moderate tree cover
Up to 46 days with a message or location sent every 30 minutes with full sky view; up to 23 days with moderate tree cover
- Up to 1 year when powered off
- High-sensitivity receiver
- GPS Compass (While Moving)
- Interactive SOS
- inReach Weather
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email
- Send and receive text messages to other inReach device
- Send and receive group messages
- Exchange locations with other inReach device
- Mapshare compatible with tracking
- Virtual keyboard for custom messaging
- inReach remote compatible
- Garmin Explore website compatible
- Compatible with Garmin Explore™ app
- Smart Switching between Wi-fi, Cellular and Satellite with Garmin Messenger app