Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Salt Lake City, UT | Est. 2022
Out of stock? We receive batches of these packs monthly. Sign up for our notify list to hear when they'll be available!
A framed pack with a frameless attitude
Let’s face it, even with that ultralight 10-pound base weight, that frameless pack leaves a little to be desired for those longer food and water carries. The Highline was designed by Pilgrim Ultralight Gear's founder, Dillon Frazier to be the perfect pack for the Uinta Highline Trail. The goal was to make a fast, low-volume pack with a comfy suspension for that tough 6-day food carry and 20-mile dry stretch, all while keeping the final weight of the pack only marginally heavier than a comparable frameless pack.
The 35L internal capacity is perfect for a dialed-in kit plus 6-7 days of food, and the minimalistic frame suspension helps keep the weight on your hips and off your shoulders. At only 21 ounces, the Highline can carry 25 pounds far more comfortably than a frameless pack and can be pushed up to 30 in a pinch. The aluminum stay offers support for those heavier loads and terminates right onto the hip belt for excellent load transfer.
The Highline also excels in gear accessibility while on the trail. The side and bottom pockets can be reached by most hikers without removing the pack. The shoulder straps and hipbelt are designed to accommodate a variety of add-on pack accessories. The Uinta Highline trail is notoriously known for inclement weather, so the Highline pack has been designed with waterproof fabrics and is seam taped for additional water resistance (a pack liner is still recommended).
- Aluminum frame stay that can be bent to match the curve of one’s back
- Integrated foam back panel
- Load shifters for pulling the weight of the pack closer to one’s center of gravity
- Removable hip belt
- Y strap for strapping down additional gear such as a bear canister
- Ice axe loop
- Seam taped
- Stretchy bottom pocket
- Elastic side compression cordage
- Detachable side compression “clip down” style straps (adds 0.8 ounces when in use)
*All packs come with a Medium hipbelt
***Discounts are not available on Pilgrim Ultralight Gear products.
- Volume: 44L (total)
- Main body: 35L
- External pockets: 9L
- Framed: Aluminum frame stay, integrated foam back panel
- Hipbelt: Removable padded
- Recommended maximum load capacity: 30bs
- Comfort: 25lbs
- 16"-18.5" torso
- 19"-21.5" torso
- Hipbelt: 29"-43"
- Body: EPLX200 Black
- Side pockets: Ultragrid
- Stretch Pockets: Ultra Stretch
Made in the USA