Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Lombardia, Italy | Est. 2019
With the Framus, Bonfus sought to create a backpack that is lightweight enough for long and fast adventures and can provide a greater lever of comfort compared to traditional frameless packs. Bonfus achieved this by applying their no-nonsense, minimalist and practical design approach, using the most durable and lightweight fabrics & components that they could find, and taking advantage of the experience and craftsmanship of their skilled sewers.
It is Bonfus' most versatile pack: the frame and back foam pad can be removed when needed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack for fast and light trips requiring the lowest possible weight. The two contoured aluminum stays are designed with a special curvature to form a 2-3 cm (about 1″) gap with your back for improved ventilation and can be adapted to the form of your back and shoulders.
The Framus features some of the most technologically advanced waterproof materials to create a pack that is both very lightweight and durable. Seam tape is applied to increase water resistance and increase seam strength. (A pack liner is still recommended to ensure pack content remains dry.)
The Framus 48L is the perfect pack for multi-day adventures where long food carries and heavier pack loads require a rigid frame for superior weight transfer.
*Note: Bonfus is switching the fabric for the pack body from Ultra200 to Ultra 200X and the fabric for the side pockets, shoulder straps and hipbelt wings from Robic HDPE to UltraGrid Black.
- Internal Frame + Padded Hip Belt
- Functional load lifters
- Two contoured aluminium stays. Designed with a special curvature to form a 2-3 cm (about 1″) gap with your back for improved ventilation. Can be adapted to the form of your back and shoulders
- Optional (included) removable 5mm EVA-foam padding can be added to the internal back panel sleeve for comfort. If the pack is stuffed properly, the foam pad is not necessarily needed, to keep the weight down
- Both the aluminium stays and foam padding are placed in an internal openable sleeve on the back panel, and can be removed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack and shed even more weight
- Additional 5mm lumbar padding for extra comfort
- Comfortable 11mm (7/16”) thick shoulder straps, padded with EVA-foam and 3D spacer mesh. Selected use of 3D mesh around neck area for added comfort.
- Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt in 210D Robic HDPE fabric, for durability and flexibility
- Reinforced bottom section with Ultra400 fabric
- Durable side pockets with double-layer elastic at the hem to firmly hold your gear in place
- Comfortable 38mm (1.5″) wide webbing at the hipbelt.
- V-style webbing straps for carrying extra gear over the roll top closure
- Roll top closure with lateral attachment
- Ice axe attachment point at the base of the front mesh pocket, plus elastic clip for extra securing
- Functional 4-point compression cords that fully cover the pack sides from top to bottom, allowing to significantly reduce pack volume when needed and stabilize the load
- Big stretchy spandex/nylon front mesh stores a lot of gear
- Daisy chain on shoulder straps for adding extra shoulder pouches or other gear
- Chest straps with loops for lightweight hardware-free connection to the daisy chain
- Drainage hole at each side pocket
- Taped seams
***Discounts are not available on this product.
- Volume: 48 liters
- Main body: 40L
- External pockets: 8L
- Dimensions: 32"H (unrolled) x 35" circumference
Framed: Two removable contoured aluminum stays, removable EVA foam padding
Hipbelt: Integrated padded
- Recommended maximum load capacity: 40lb
- Small: up to 18" torso
- Hipbelt (small packs): 29.5"-39" hip
- Medium: up to 19.5″ torso
- Large: up to 21.5″ torso
- Hipbelt (medium & large packs): fits 33"- 43" hip
- Body: Ultra200 or Ultra200X
- Shoulder Straps, Side Pockets, Hipbelt: Robic HDPE or UltraGrid Black
Made in Mexico