The ultimate minimalist, ultralight tarp shelter for backpacking, our Flat Tarp is engineered to be precisely what passionate adventurers need and nothing more. Available in two sizes: 8'6" x 8'6" square or rectangular for 8' x 10' tarp shelter configurations. Pitch according to weather conditions, terrain or need. Flat edges and square corners, non-catenary cut for maximum versatility. Every Hyperlite Mountain Gear Dyneema® Composite Fabric (formerly Cuben Fiber) tarp features fully bonded seals, adding near-total impermeability to a long list of attributes, including exceptional durability and UV resistance, that distinguish the Flat Tarp from other ultralight tarp options. Use adjustable trekking poles for set up. Available in Classic White or Spruce Green. Stake kits sold separately. Use with the Echo Inserts for protection from bugs and precipitation.
6’ x 8’
Without guy lines: 0.40 lbs | 6.4 oz | 181g
With guy lines: 0.51 lbs | 8.2 oz | 232g
8'6" x 8’6"
Without guy lines: 0.53 lbs | 8.5 oz | 241g
With guy lines: 0.64 lbs | 10.3 oz | 292g
8’ x 10’
Without guy lines: 0.54 lbs | 9.6 oz | 272g
With guy lines: 0.65 lbs | 11.4 oz | 295g
Guy lines: 0.11 lbs | 1.8 oz | 51g
- Made in America
- Sizes available
- 6' x 8'
- 8' x 10'
- 8'6" x 8'6"
- Constructed with DCF8 Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber)
- Fully bonded radial double reinforced tie-outs with line locks
- Fully bonded, "stitchless" ridgeline seam
- 16 Perimeter tie-outs
- 4 tie-outs placed in the center, one-third, and two-thirds of the interior body
- Comes with a Medium DCF8 Stuff Sack for storage
- Includes 10 ultralight 2.8mm UHMWPE Core Guy Lines
- 6x | 4’ sections
- 4x | 6’ sections