Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Lombardia, Italy | Est. 2019
The Duos 2P is an ultra-light 3 season tent designed for Nordic conditions thanks to its multiple anchoring points and low-to-the-ground pitch. It is equally at home on good weather treks as it is in demanding, bad weather situations when you will be glad to be able to sit comfortably and stretch your legs while waiting for the storm to pass!
Duos 2P is the perfect balance between weight and comfort. With a weight starting at only 21oz, this tent disappears in your bag. When set up it will be your fortress in the outdoors, and with a height of about 4.5' and total length of 9'10" you do not have to lose comfort when choosing ultralight equipment.
With up to 16 guyout points - six of which are removable according to weather conditions - this tent will provide reliable protection for your 3-season adventures. The floor in silpoly allows for greater abrasion resistance and smaller packed sized compared to similar DCF fabric weights.
*Note: color is Spruce Green, not Grey as pictured.
- Symmetrical design uses two poles/trekking poles 127-130cm long to setup
- Tent walls set up low to the ground, reducing cold winds inside the tent
- Two YKK Uretek water-resistant #3 vestibule zippers with tension relief buckles at the bottom
- Easy to set up and requires a minimum of 6 stakes (not included)
- For extra wind protection, there are a total of 8 extra guy-out points (not including the ones along the perimeter of the tent) that you can use, so that the tent can be securely anchored when needed. All extra guylines can be removed when weather conditions allow.
- Necessary guyline length for the extra mounting points is included, along with 6 extra line locs
- Two spacious vestibules for cooking and storing your gear
- Mesh doors opens with a long curved zipper that gives access to the entire width of the vestibule from inside the tent
- Integrated bug netting on the inside of the tent offers protection from insects
- Mesh storage pocket and two hanging points inside the tent for drying clothes, hanging headlamps and more
- Seams are sewn and then taped to the outside to increase strength and fully waterproof the seams
- All mounting points, as well as all areas where the tent material is subject to greater stress, are reinforced with durable laser cut 2.92oz Dyneema © Composite Fabric Hybrid.
- 1.1oz 20D Silpoly fabric stuff sack
- 30cm DCF repair tape
- 33ft | 10m guyline
- 6 extra linelocs
***Discounts are not available on this product.
- Capacity: 2 person
- Floor dimensions: 110″L x 45″W | 280cm x 110cm
- Peak height: 50"-51" | 127-130cm
- Vestibule depth: 23.6"-25.6" | 60-65cm
- Packed size: 6" x 13" | 15 x 33cm
- Pole setup: 2 poles (not included), 127-130cm
Weight: 21oz | 595g (minimum), 24.8oz (packed)
- Tent body: 0.75oz Dyneema® Composite Fabric
- Reinforcements: 2.92oz Dyneema® Composite Fabric Hybrid
- Floor and stuff sack: 1.2oz 20D Silpoly
- Bug net: 15D Nylon Noseeum mesh
- Guylines: 2.5mm UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) core, over-braided with polyester sheath
Made in Mexico
- Find a flat tent site, preferably not in areas where water can accumulate if it rains. (To reduce condensation, place the tent away from streams, lakes and other water sources.)
- Unpack the tent from the stuff sack and lay it flat on the ground. (In case of strong winds, the tent should be plugged in at least two points while still partially in the stuff sack, before unpacking completely.)
- Stake out all four corners without overtightening the guylines. The tent should be set up symmetrically with right angles between the corners.
- Take your two trekking poles and set them at 127-130cm length. (Shorter length will make the tent touch the ground. The higher you put the poles, the more ventilation you will have inside.) Place the poles outside the mosquito mesh, but inside the ventilation openings and doors. Tighten the cords on the two doors just enough for the poles to stand up, without creating too much tension.
- Tighten up the four corners first, and then finish tightening the two doors. Be careful not to over-tighten. The tension should be evenly distributed on the tent and ideally there should be no wrinkles, depending on the terrain in which the tent is set up.
- Depending on the weather, you can choose to use 4 extra guylines, provided with the tent.
- Hang the tent to dry after each trip
- Store in a dry place and not exposed to the sun and UV rays
- The tent should be wiped down with a sponge and cold water at regular intervals to remove dirt
- DCF tape comes with the tent and can easily be used for quick but durable repairs. If possible, clean the fabric before applying the tape (regular alcohol wipes for cleaning are sufficient, if tent is not extremely dirty)
- Wrinkles and creases can weaken the material properties over time. It is recommended that you lay out the tent into a flat space, and then fold and roll it to a cylinder before packing it in the stuff sack
- Always check that the zipper works optimally before each trip. Use zipper lubricant once or twice a year