Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Nevada City, CA | Est. 2002
The patented and award winning Double Rainbow is Tarptent's most popular, best-value, 2-person tent. Designed for versatility, this tent is ideal for people who camp in a wide variety of conditions and need an all purpose shelter for hiking, hunting, bike touring and more. The Double Rainbow is easy to setup and can be converted to freestanding with trekking poles.
- Made with 30D double ripstop 100% silicone coated nylon 66 rated to over 3,000mm hydrostatic head for excellent strength and durability
- Premium materials and components: USA made Easton® arch poles and stakes, YKK zippers, Spectra® cording
- Fits 2 wide sleeping pads up to 25" wide each
- Dual doors and vestibules allow for easy entry and exit as well as extra gear storage space
- Large and adjustable high and low venting options help minimize condensation while providing storm protection when needed
- Easy and fast 6 stake pitch, can be pitched in under 2 minutes
- Can be made freestanding with the use of two trekking poles*
- Catenary cut curves for taut, stable pitching
- Pitches fly first to keep the interior dry when setting up or taking down in the rain
- Integrated interior pockets and clips for gear organization and storage
- Low fly edge blocks wind and rain splash
- “Porch mode” provides a large covered space in front of doors, perfect for cooking or staying out of the sun/rain
*Please note that the Double Rainbow requires at least 55" | 140cm (best with 57" | 145 cm) trekking poles to become free-standing. Trekking poles only required for free standing, not required for general use.
- Six 6” aluminum stakes
Tent stake bag
- Silnylon stuff sack
***Discounts are not available on Tarptent products.
- Capacity: 2
- Floor dimensions: 88"L x 50"W
- Interior peak height: 42"
- Packed size: 18" x 4.5"
- Pole setup (unnecessary but optional for freestanding): 2 poles (not included), 140+ cm (145cm ideal)
Weight: 38.35oz | 1087g (with carbon arch pole, stakes, guyline, and bags)
- Double Rainbow body, corded: 30.6oz | 868g
- Carbon fiber arch pole (Easton 3.9): 4.55oz | 129g
- Carbon fiber cross strut (Easton 3.9): 0.8oz | 23g
- Stuffsack: 0.6oz | 19g
- Six 6" stakes & bag: 1.8oz | 51g
- Fly fabric: 30D double ripstop 100% silicone coated nylon 66 rated to over 5,000mm hydrostatic head
- Floor fabric: 30D double ripstop 100% silicone coated nylon 66 rated to over 3,000mm hydrostatic head
- Zippers: YKK #3 Aquaguard waterproof
- Mesh: 15D nylon no-see-um mesh
- Guyline/Cording: 2.5mm reflective sheath with Spectra® core and integrated LineLoc’s
- Arch Poles & Folding Cross Strut: Easton® carbon fiber (7mm), made in USA
- Stakes: six 6" Easton® Nano aluminum stakes, made in USA
Made in China