Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Newport Beach, CA | Est. 2002
Bear country essential
The BV500-Journey is the gold standard for multi-day adventures, long distance hikers, and aspirational thru hikers. The largest and most spacious of BearVault canisters, BV500s have logged more miles than any other canister. Whether packing a few hearty meals for a group, or counting every ounce of calories to reach your goal, the BV500 is up for the journey, fitting 7 plus days of food.
- Specifically designed to be wide, round and slippery to reduce leverage points for entry from bear jaws, claws and paws
- Weight is low and volume is high, thanks to the durable, polycarbonate construction
- Transparent canister is easy to see into and doesn’t require you to empty the contents of the container to find specific items
- Wide opening allows you to reach all the way in to find your tasty treats
- Screw-on lid is intuitive and secure, and doesn’t require extra tools to operate; no need to overtighten
- Strap guides aid in strapping and packing canister to your preference; an ideal place for your can is inside your pack just above your sleeping bag
- Rounded corners allow for smooth packing and removal
- Container doubles as a camp stool, a luxury most backpackers leave behind; close lid fully when using as a stool to preserve the screw-top threads
- This BearVault model has approval from both the Sierra Interagency Black Bear Group and Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
***Discounts are not available on BearVault products.
- Capacity: 11.5L (~7 days of food)
- Dimensions: 8.7" (Dia) x 12.7" (H)
Weight: 2lbs 9oz.
- Specialty rugged polycarbonate and other durable resins