Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Biddeford, Maine | Est. 2010
Hyperlite Mountain Gear's preferred pack for backpacking in dense, heavily wooded trails in the roughest, toughest climates.
On rugged and tight trails, the 3400 Southwest is a flexible performer that can adapt and handle the way gear volumes change for weekend, section, or thru hikes. Ideal when resupply points are less frequent and/or for equipment flexibility is needed. When the extra volume is not in use, the 3400’s top can roll down enough to make the overall size of the pack similar to the 2400, but that additional space can come in pretty handy when you need it.
When the route is thick with vegetation, requires the occasional up and over immovable objects, and calls for “suck in your gut and shimmy through” type moves, the Southwest is the backpack you want up-close and personal. This pack family is made specifically for tough adventures that would rip most other ultralight-style packs to shreds.
- Roll-Top closure system
- Three external, solid pockets
- Zippered pockets on hip belt
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Daisy chains on shoulder straps
- Internal mesh sleeve for hydration bladder
- Integrated 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Two removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Top Y-strap compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Volume: 55L (3400 cu. in.) main body
- External: 9.8L
- Dimensions: 34" (height fully unrolled)
- Back width: 10.5"
- Top circumference: 40”
- Bottom circumference: 33.5”
- Load Capacity: Up to 40 lbs
- Small: 15”-17” torso
- Medium: 17”-19” torso
- Large: 19”-21” torso
- Tall: 21"+ torso
Weight: 31.7oz (may vary slightly by torso size)
- Body: DCH50 & DCH150
- External Pockets: Dyneema® Hardline
- Shoulder Straps & Hipbelt: Hardline with Dyneema®, Closed cell foam, Spacer mesh