Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in West Melbourne, FL | Est. 2004
Voted the most popular ultralight tent by Appalachian Trail thru-hikers two years in a row
Roomy for 1 or perfect for 2, this ultralight tent will allow you to push your limits and hike greater distances; whether losing yourself in the beauty of the Pacific Crest Trail, or weathering an afternoon storm in the Swiss Alps. Specifically designed for the demands of long distance backpacking, the award-winning Duplex hits the sweet spot when it comes to size, weight, and features.
The symmetrical design allows two adults to lay side by side in either direction, creating a superior sleeping experience for couples when compared to asymmetrical offset pole designs. Setting up with two trekking poles or tent poles, it avoids steep wall angles, creating more practical usable space, and allowing two people to sit upright side by side facing out either door while removing shoes or while reaching out to cook or access gear just outside the tent.
Leave all four doors open on nice weather nights for a breeze and great views. Close the upwind doors to block cold wind, or close all four for 360° rain protection. In calm rain or under wet trees one or two doors can be left open for air flow without water dripping on the floor space. In almost all conditions at least one downwind door can be left open for air. For even better rain protection with a door open, use the included elastic cords to pull the screen door back away from the rain spray.
The Duplex is lightweight, roomy, well-ventilated, packs down small, pitches easily, and can be set up in the tightest of spaces. You won’t find a lighter functional two person tent anywhere on the market.
An optional Tyvek or Polycro footprint is available for added protection but not required for this shelter. The floor material is reasonably durable, and all Dyneema® Composite Fabric gear can be easily patched in the field with repair tape (included). Sets up with a minimum of 6 stakes (8 recommended in windy conditions) and two trekking poles or tent poles adjusted to around 48" (122 cm). Slightly taller or shorter fixed length poles will also work.
Check out the Duplex Zip for a version with zippered storm doors, peak vents, and magnetic door toggles.
- Taped seams
- Tie outs have bonded reinforcements for high strength
- Any of the four storm doors can be opened or closed independently
- Overlapping storm doors allow airflow without the need for additional venting - no zippers that could potentially fail over time
- Vestibule has enough space for storing a wet backpack or muddy shoes
- Rainbow zippers on both sides of the tent allow easy entry regardless of which doors are closed, and they give you access to every vestibule area
- Screen door drops inwards rather than hanging in your way - no need to roll up or secure
- Tarp overhangs bathtub floor & screen doors - in calm rain or under dripping trees the doors can be left open for air flow without water dripping on the floor space
- Sewn in 8" tall bathtub floor has plenty of space for two average people to stretch out plus space for gear at the ends of the floor
- Mesh pockets conveniently located near each screen door can be accessed from inside or outside the tent
- Dyneema is naturally waterproof and is not treated with any potentially harmful chemicals such as flame retardants or water repellents
- Easily repairable - any damage can easily be fixed in the field with DCF Repair Tape
- All Zpacks gear has a two-year limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship
- Made in the USA
- Stuff sack
- Repair tape
***Discounts are not available on Zpacks products.
- Capacity: 2
- Floor dimensions (interior): 90"L x 45"W
- Floor dimensions (exterior): 100"L x 53"W
- Interior peak height: 48" | 122cm
- Zipper entry height: 36" | 91cm
- Vestibule depth: 20.75" | 53cm each side
- Packed size: 6" x 12" (5.6L)
- Pole setup: 2 poles (not included), 122cm (48")
Weight: 18.5oz (Blue) or 20.5oz (Spruce Green) (total including guylines & stuff sack)
- Fly fabric: 0.55 oz/sqyd (Blue) or 0.75 oz/sqyd (Spruce Green) Dyneema® Composite Fabric
- Floor fabric: 1.0 oz/sqyd Dyneema® Composite Fabric
- Mesh: 0.67 oz/sqyd Ultralight Nano-Noseeum Insect Netting