Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Charlotte, NC | Est. 2015
It just keeps getting better and better...
Introducing the all-new AppGearCo 8020 Sun Hoodie! Using the same all-natural blend of 80% alpaca / 20% Tencel™ found in the AG-Tee™, Appalachian Gear Company now brings you an outstanding lightweight sun hoodie that's designed to keep you cool, comfortable, and protected. This sustainable sun shirt provides impressive odor control, is durable, quick-drying, and built to keep your temperature regulated while you work up a sweat thanks to 80% alpaca.
- The Trail Seam™ - Designed for tremendous toughness and durability, so you can be confident the gear will perform under extreme stress and prolonged usage
- Weft Knit - This special knit structure resists “running” - so if you poke a hole in it while you are in the backcountry, the hole may get slightly larger over time, but you don’t have to worry about the hole turning in to a long “run” as experienced in many lightweight knits
- Lightweight - Ensures this is a shirt you'll never hesitate to throw in your pack
- Longer tail - Provides coverage and allows for free movement
Fit: "Regular Fit” Style - Not too snug and not too loose. It looks great and allows for a full range of motion. Natural fibers perform at their optimal level when allowed a little room to breathe. If a more athletic fit is needed, you can go a size down. The women’s cut is slightly shaped - the bust and hip measurements are roughly the same, and the waist is slightly narrower.
Weight: ~7oz (medium)
Note: Since Alpaca is a natural fiber with variability, weights can fluctuate from lot to lot. The weight of the Women’s 8020 Hoodie ranges from 5-9 ounces, depending on size.
Materials: 80% Alpaca / 20% Tencel™
- This garment doesn’t need to washed often. Even if you are active and sweating in it, just hang it up. Alpaca does not retain odors and doesn’t support bacterial growth. Since it is an animal fiber, it is susceptible to moth damage, so you will want to store it so that moths can’t get to it just like you would with wool. *However, washing will not harm your garment.
- Turn your 8020 garment inside-out (this is key).
- Use a small to medium load, cold water, light or gentle cycle, and wash with other performance fabrics. It is recommended to NOT wash in large loads, or with heavy fabrics like jeans/towels.
- Use any normal liquid detergent. *Do not use “Washing Soda”, Chlorine OR Peroxide bleaches, or “Oxygen Cleaners”. Do not use powdered detergents as they are generally too harsh for protein fibers like Alpaca/Merino/etc.
- Air dry by hanging or laying flat the first 3-5 washes. The Alpaca doesn’t have much moisture left in it after the spin cycle, and will dry quickly.
- After the first 3-5 washes, you can tumble dry your shirt - but be sure to tumble on low heat in a small load with other similar items - it will only take approximately 10-12 minutes to dry. *Medium to high heat is not recommended. Do not wash or tumble your AppGearCo garments with heavy items like jeans or jackets or other heavy items that have zippers.
- After 3-5 washes, you will notice a little shrinkage in the length, and Appalachian Gear Company has allowed for this in their patterns. Also, you may notice very fine “nap” on the fabric, and this improves the comfort and performance of the garment.