Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Charlotte, NC | Est. 2015
Spend less time worrying about what you’re wearing and more time enjoying the outdoors.
The all-new 8020 Long Sleeve Tee™ is the first lightweight long sleeve tech shirt of its kind to utilize this precise blend of 80% alpaca fibers and 20% Tencel™. Appalachian Gear Company has always known that you can make high-performance apparel from 100% natural fibers, and it will stand up to any outdoor pursuit better than synthetics.
This shirt is a truly sustainable option for anyone looking for a durable, lightweight, quick-drying, and comfortable shirt to wear for most activities.
- The Trail Seam™ - Designed for tremendous toughness and durability, so you can be confident the gear will perform under extreme stress and prolonged usage
- Weft Knit - This special knit structure resists “running” - so if you poke a hole in it while you are in the backcountry, the hole may get slightly larger over time, but you don’t have to worry about the hole turning in to a long “run” as experienced in many lightweight knits
- Lightweight - Ensures this is a shirt you'll never hesitate to throw in your pack
- Longer tail - Provides coverage and allows for free movement
Fit: "Regular Fit” Style - Not too snug and not too loose. It looks great and allows for a full range of motion. Natural fibers perform at their optimal level when allowed a little room to breathe. If a more athletic fit is needed, you can go a size down.
Weight: ~8oz (large)
Note: Since Alpaca is a natural fiber with variability, weights can fluctuate from lot to lot. The weight of the Men’s 8020 Long Sleeve Tee™ shirts ranges from 6-10 ounces depending on size.
Materials: 80% Alpaca / 20% Tencel™
- This garment doesn’t need to washed often. Even if you are active and sweating in it, just hang it up. Alpaca does not retain odors and doesn’t support bacterial growth. Since it is an animal fiber, it is susceptible to moth damage, so you will want to store it so that moths can’t get to it just like you would with wool. *However, washing will not harm your garment.
- Turn your 8020 garment inside-out (this is key).
- Use a small to medium load, cold water, light or gentle cycle, and wash with other performance fabrics. It is recommended to NOT wash in large loads, or with heavy fabrics like jeans/towels.
- Use any normal liquid detergent. *Do not use “Washing Soda”, Chlorine OR Peroxide bleaches, or “Oxygen Cleaners”. Do not use powdered detergents as they are generally too harsh for protein fibers like Alpaca/Merino/etc.
- Air dry by hanging or laying flat the first 3-5 washes. The Alpaca doesn’t have much moisture left in it after the spin cycle, and will dry quickly.
- After the first 3-5 washes, you can tumble dry your shirt - but be sure to tumble on low heat in a small load with other similar items - it will only take approximately 10-12 minutes to dry. *Medium to high heat is not recommended. Do not wash or tumble your AppGearCo garments with heavy items like jeans or jackets or other heavy items that have zippers.
- After 3-5 washes, you will notice a little shrinkage in the length, and Appalachian Gear Company has allowed for this in their patterns. Also, you may notice very fine “nap” on the fabric, and this improves the comfort and performance of the garment.