Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Beaverton, OR | Est. 2002
The Haven Tarp is a shaped tarp that is designed to provide the maximum amount of protection for a minimum weight. Its dual pole design with 48" (122 cm) wide canopy provides a tremendous amount of headroom. The wide canopy creates nearly vertical sidewalls. This, in turn, translates to more usable space within the tarp and less of a chance of brushing up against the side walls.
The Haven Tarp is designed to be mated with the Haven NetTent. Together they form a luxurious sized double wall shelter at a mere 32 ounces (.9 k).
The center peak of the Haven is offset slightly toward the front of the tent. This raises the canopy off your face and sets the peak to the more natural position when sitting.
The Haven Tarp can be set up using your hiking poles or our optional carbon fiber poles. Dual tabs on either side of the canopy allow the Haven Tarp to be hung from a line between two trees, eliminating the need for poles.
Most tarp / NetTent combos on the market today require the NetTent to be set up first, followed by the tarp. Typically the poles are placed inside of the NetTent, making them easy to bump into during the middle of the night. This kind of setup makes it impossible to keep your NetTent dry when setting up or taking down your shelter in the rain.
The Haven Tarp / NetTent combo is designed so that the NetTent hangs from the tarp. This configuration allows the tarp to be set up first or taken down last under rainy conditions. Your NetTent will remain dry and safely secure in your pack.
- Full 360-degree protection allows this tarp to provide enhanced security when compared to a traditional flat tarp.
- High Vent helps remove excess moisture build up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Dual Side Entry makes entering and exiting easy.
- Easy Tension Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation, and view. A peak height of 45 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Dual Pole Support significantly improves headroom and interior space.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 30 denier Silicone Nylon.
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.
The stake double set matches the number of entrances on the Haven Tarp. We recommend using a larger 8" Easton stake at each vestibule. The larger stakes provide more purchase power in a wide variety of soils.
If you're a cyclist, paddler or don't carry trekking poles, you may wish to consider using aluminum/carbon fiber poles to support your shelter. This lightweight aluminum pole is custom made and designed to be used as your primary tent pole