Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Salt Lake City, UT | Est. 2023
Out of stock? We receive batches of these packs monthly. Sign up for our notify list to hear when they'll be available!
October '23 updates
- Full length pad sleeve
- Aluminum stays are spaced wider - they're at the edges of the back panel which improves comfort immensely
- Upper horizontal stay interfaces directly with verticals so the frame is a solid box
- Higher quality velcro on stay channels
- Two tabs on hip belts instead of three
- Plastic clips on belt instead of metal (won't abrade fabric and also are lighter)
- Daisy chains on hip belt
The Cliffrose 55L Backpack is an ultralight, comfort-focused, rugged, and versatile load-hauler that 90% of backpackers could choose for 90% of their trips. If you've got long days of trail-tromping, bushwhacking, or hiking over big passes on your horizon, the comfort of a hanging hipbelt and articulating shoulder strap design will make it all a breeze. And if you're hauling packrafting gear, 12 liters of silty water, or some ridiculous multisport gear combo, the Cliffrose's tubular aluminum full-box frame is ready for it - at 50lbs the frame isn’t even thinking about flexing.
With its double layer bottom, this pack is rugged enough for a descent into canyon country, resisting the sandstone's relentless thrashings. And despite all that capability, this pack is still only about 2.25 lbs. The Cliffrose is a 55-liter, 31-37-ounce backpack made to carry up to 40 lbs comfortably and 50 lbs for short distances. It’s simple, durable, and versatile.
- Pack shape designed so it leans toward the body
- 3lb Evazote foam is comfy and long-lasting
- Tall side pockets accommodate tents, 2L Platypuses, and more
- Compresses to a sleek and tidy 30 liters when rolled down to the top of the shoulder straps
- Full box frame suspension with two vertical tubular aluminum stays and two horizontal aluminum stays
- Double-layered bottom for durability
- Each size has two shoulder strap attachment tabs for 2” of adjustability.
- 27 tabs for attaching removable straps or cordage. Easy to attach trekking poles, skis, fishing poles, packraft paddles, etc
- Cordage on the side or front for attaching paddle blades, trekking poles, rain jackets etc
Fit: These packs are designed so the shoulder straps attach right at the top of the shoulders. It is not recommended to allow the harness to curve around the top of the shoulders.
Each size has about 2” of adjustability. The lower setting on each pack creeps into the range of the size below it, so there is a bit of overlap between sizes. It is highly recommended that you size up if you are between sizes. Ben, for example, has a 20” torso and prefers the lower setting on the large instead of the upper setting on the medium.
**If you need a different size hipbelt than comes with the pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Ex: you have a large torso but need a 26" belt or a medium torso and need a 32" belt.)
***No discounts are available on Virga products
- Volume: 63L (total)
- Main body: 50L
- External pockets: 13L
- Dimensions: 20"/22"/24"T (S/M/L) x 10"W x 6-7"D
- Framed: Aluminum box frame (the stay at hip belt attachment point is flat bar 7075-T6 and the stay at shoulder strap attachment point is tubular aluminum)
- Hipbelt: UltraGrid & Evazote foam
- Recommended maximum load capacity: 50bs
- Comfort: 40lbs
Sizing (Torso | Hipbelt):
- Small torso: 16"-18.5" | 26" belt: fits 28"-33" hip
- Medium torso: 18"-20.5" | 29" belt: fits 31"-36" hip
- Large torso: 20"-22.5" | 32" belt: fits 34"-39" hip
Weight: ~35.5oz (in a medium torso with 29" belt)
- Body: EPL400 Ultra
- Pockets: Venom Stretch Mesh
- Accent Fabric: RX30 X-Pac Bluebell
- Shoulder Straps: UltraGrid & 3lb Evazote foam
- Hipbelt: UltraGrid & 3lb Evazote foam
Made in the USA