Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Charlotte, NC | Est. 2015
Keep the sun off your neck the next time you're out in the desert or way above tree-line with Appalachian Gear Company's 100% alpaca fiber neck pipe (formerly the knit gaiter).
It's super lightweight, breathable, and packable! The structure and fiber properties allow perspiration to easily escape while retaining its amazing insulating properties. Its exceptional characteristics allow it to be worn in a wide range of temperatures.
- The Trail Seam™ - designed for tremendous toughness and durability, so you can be confident the gear will perform under extreme stress and prolonged usage
- Weft Knit - this special knit structure resists “running” - so if you poke a hole in it while you are in the backcountry, the hole may get slightly larger over time, but you don’t have to worry about the hole turning in to a long “run” as experienced in many lightweight knits
- Lightweight - Ensures this is a piece of gear you'll never hesitate to throw in your pack
- Length: 16.75"
- Width, flat: 9.5"
- Circumference: 19"
Sizing: One size fits most
Materials: 100% Alpaca Fiber
- This garment doesn’t need to washed often. Even if you are active and sweating in it, just hang it up. Alpaca does not retain odors and doesn’t support bacterial growth. Since it is an animal fiber, it is susceptible to moth damage, so you will want to store it so that moths can’t get to it just like you would with wool. *However, washing will not harm your garment.
- Use a small to medium load, cold water, light cycle, and wash with other performance fabrics & socks. It is recommended to NOT wash in large loads, or with heavy fabrics like jeans/towels.
- Use any normal liquid detergent. *Do not use “Washing Soda”, Chlorine OR Peroxide bleaches, or “Oxygen Cleaners”. Do not use powdered detergents as they are generally too harsh for protein fibers like Alpaca/Merino/etc.
- Tumble dry on low to medium-low heat in a small load with other similar items - it will only take approximately 10-15 minutes to dry. *Medium to high heat, or drying in large loads with jeans/towels is not recommended.
- The Fleece products will not exhibit much shrinkage.
- You will see some lint in the washer and dryer when you wash the fleece, and this is normal. *Commercial fabric softener is not needed on these products, but will not harm the products.