Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Biddeford, Maine | Est. 2010
Hyperlite Mountain Gear's original backpacking pack.
The 2400 Windrider is the pack that super-efficient thru hikers and backpackers graduate down to when their kits are dialed, and the calories and fuel they need along the way are never too hard to find. Ideal for weekend or section hikes where frequent resupply points are available.
There’s a kind of classic image that comes to mind when you hear the word “hiking.” Dense green and brown forests with meandering rugged root-strewn trails lead to awe-inspiring hill and mountain panoramas, and rivers and streams lull tired explorers to sleep at the end or strenuous but rewarding days. These are the environments where the Windrider takes flight.
- Roll-Top closure system
- Three external mesh pockets makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
- Zippered pockets on hip belt
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Daisy chains on shoulder straps
- Internal mesh sleeve for hydration bladder
- Integrated 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Two removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Top Y-strap compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Volume: 40L (2400 cu. in.) main body
- External: 9.8L
- Dimensions: 30" (height fully unrolled)
- Back width: 10.5"
- Top circumference: 37.5”
- Bottom circumference: 33.5”
- Load Capacity: Up to 40 lbs
- Small: 15”-17” torso
- Medium: 17”-19” torso
- Large: 19”-21” torso
- Tall: 21”+ torso
Weight: 30oz (may vary slightly by torso size)
- Body: DCH50 & DCH150
- External Pockets: Mesh
- Shoulder Straps & Hipbelt: Hardline with Dyneema®, Closed cell foam, Spacer mesh