Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Salida, CO | Est. 2009
The idea behind a quilt style sleeping bag is to eliminate the insulation from the bottom of a conventional sleeping bag. Why? Insulation must have loft and trap air in order to be effective. Since any insulation beneath your body gets crushed, it is wasted. So why not leave the insulation (and the fabric and all that weight) out of the bottom of the bag? This is what a quilt style sleeping bag does, but it goes one step further.
When a quilt style sleeping bag is designed well, versatility is significantly increased. Katabatic Gear's patented pad attachment system and elasticized edging keep your body heat in and the cold drafts out. When conditions are warm, lay the quilt over you like a blanket and allow some ventilation. There are numerous variations in between, making these quilts comfortable in a much wider range of temperatures than a traditional sleeping bag. Another huge benefit of a well designed quilt: you can toss and turn and roll around without getting tangled up or rolling off your pad!
- Patented pad attachment system - unmatched versatility, comfort and efficiency in a quilt style sleeping bag
- Elastic binding around the bottom opening prevents gaps and drafts at the sleeping pad
- Differential cut allows for maximum loft from premium down
- Continuous baffles - down can be manually moved as temperatures dictate for maximum versatility
- Overstuffed collar fits comfortably against your neck to seal this critical area from drafts
- Shaped foot box for the greatest comfort, warmth and efficiency
- Overstuffed baffles over the foot section
- Silnylon Stuff Sack
- Storage Bag - 100% recycled, breathable fabric
- 2mm Cords for attaching to your pad
- Webbing straps
***Discounts are not available on Katabatic Gear products.
- Loft single side: 2.75"
- Temperature rating: 22°F
|Packed size||6.5" x 11.5"||7" x 12"||6.5" x 11.5"|
- Pertex Quantum Y Fuse Eco Ripstop (0.85oz/yd)
- Pertex Quantum Tafeta (1.0oz/yd)
- 900 Fill Power HyperDRY ™ Water-resistant Goose Down