Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Charlotte, NC | Est. 2015
Appalachian Gear Company's All-Paca™ fleece hoodie made from 100% Alpaca Fiber is super lightweight, breathable, and packable. Great for outdoor adventure sports & activities, but great to hang around in also. It is super warm for its weight. The knit structure and fiber properties allow perspiration to easily escape while retaining its amazing insulating properties. Its exceptional properties allow it to be worn in a wide range of temperatures.
Go ahead and wear a pack with it - the seams are tough and these garments are made for backpacking and climbing. Go ahead and climb with it - it won’t weigh you down and it is highly breathable.
All-Paca™ Fleece is designed to wear with at least one layer (or as many as you'd like). Alpaca Fiber doesn’t absorb much moisture, and it dries really quickly. Appalachian Gear Company's fleece is not at all thick or bulky, and is warmer than other types of fleece that are much bulkier. Most importantly, Alpaca insulates even when its wet (unlike down or synthetic fibers). Alpaca is truly one of Nature’s high performance fibers while also being very soft and comfortable to wear.
- The Trail Seam™ - Designed for tremendous toughness and durability, so you can be confident the gear will perform under extreme stress and prolonged usage
- Weft Knit - This special knit structure resists “running” - so if you poke a hole in it while you are in the backcountry, the hole may get slightly larger over time, but you don’t have to worry about the hole turning in to a long “run” as experienced in many lightweight knits
- Lightweight - Ensures this is a shirt you'll never hesitate to throw in your pack
- Longer tail - Provides coverage and allows for free movement
Fit: "Regular Fit” Style - Not too snug and not too loose. It looks great and allows for a full range of motion. Natural fibers perform at their optimal level when allowed a little room to breathe. If a more athletic fit is needed, you can go a size down.
Weight: ~12oz (large)
Note: Since Alpaca is a natural fiber with variability, weights can fluctuate from lot to lot. The weight of the Men’s All-Paca Hoodie ranges from 10-14 ounces depending on size.
Materials: 100% Alpaca fiber
- This garment doesn’t need to washed often. Even if you are active and sweating in it, just hang it up. Alpaca does not retain odors and doesn’t support bacterial growth. Since it is an animal fiber, it is susceptible to moth damage, so you will want to store it so that moths can’t get to it just like you would with wool. *However, washing will not harm your garment.
- Use a small to medium load, cold water, light cycle, and wash with other performance fabrics & socks. It is recommended to NOT wash in large loads, or with heavy fabrics like jeans/towels.
- Use any normal liquid detergent. *Do not use “Washing Soda”, Chlorine OR Peroxide bleaches, or “Oxygen Cleaners”. Do not use powdered detergents as they are generally too harsh for protein fibers like Alpaca/Merino/etc.
- Tumble dry on low to medium-low heat in a small load with other similar items - it will only take approximately 10-15 minutes to dry. *Medium to high heat, or drying in large loads with jeans/towels is not recommended.
- The Fleece products will not exhibit much shrinkage.
- You will see some lint in the washer and dryer when you wash the fleece, and this is normal. *Commercial fabric softener is not needed on these products, but will not harm the products.