Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Biddeford, Maine | Est. 2010
The act of creating trails that help people connect places has been an intrinsic part of human behavior from pre-recorded history to present day. For that, we offer a very heartfelt “Thanks!” There are those folks however that would prefer to get to wherever “there” is the hard way, and for them, we offer the NorthRim. Building upon our super-proven Windrider and Southwest packs, the NorthRim ramps the durability factor up with a 375-Denier fully-woven Dyneema® Composite Fabric (DCHW) built into high abrasion areas – the bottom/rand, three external pockets, and hip-belt pockets – and utilizes 3/4” nylon webbing for the body compression straps, axe loop, and grab loop. If the description of the route includes words like off-trail, slot canyon, grate, scuff, Class 4 or 5, harness, belay, rappel, bushwhack, and packraft, the NorthRim brings forth the objection-free, unwavering toughness you need to succeed.
The 3400 volume size (55L) is ideal for routes where water and resupply points are less frequent and the need for ropes and a harness, etc. are called for. When the extra volume is not in use, the 3400’s top can roll down enough to make the overall size of the pack similar to the 2400, but that additional space can come in pretty handy when you need it.
For the best experience possible with our backpacks, we recommend you complete your pack with our Pods and Stuff Sacks. They’re the key to a comfortable, highly-organized, and nearly 100% waterproof pack system.
- 2.19 lbs | 35.13 oz | 996g
- Three external fully-woven Dyneema® pockets
- Fully-woven Dyneema® pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK water-resistant zipper
- Hardline with Dyneema® hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam and 1/4” foam padding
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Fully-woven Dyneema® lumbar panel for added strength to the hip belt attachment points
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic and whistle
- Hydro port removed for extra defense against water if the pack is accidentally submerged
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System:
- Body compression straps, ice axe loop, and grab loop made from dependable 3/4” nylon webbing for added strength and durability
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Bar tacked reinforcements on all stress points
- Triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
See specs tab for details!