Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Berkeley, CA | Est. 2010
The SplitWing is our most minimal shelter for people whose top priority is achieving the lowest weight possible without compromising weather coverage. Designed with thru-hikes and FKTs in mind, the SplitWing and its modular accessories are adaptable to the wide range of conditions that are likely to be encountered on a 4-month-plus adventure.
When used on its own, the SplitWing is palatial for one and cozy for two. A pair of hardcore UL hikers (or very close friends) will appreciate sharing a shelter that packs down to the size of a grapefruit and weighs less than two packs of ramen per person.
- Front pole can be pitched from 105cm-120cm
- Can be optimized for headroom or width
- Apex guy points allow the tarp to be set up between two trees
- Reinforcement panels at high-stress areas
- Enclosed foot area provides more shelter from wind and rain than open tarps
- 9 perimeter stakeout loops
- 2 side guyout points
- Front guylines with clips for easy entry/exit
- Front wings provide storm coverage while pitching taught at a range of heights
- 6 DAC j-stakes
- Stuff sack
- Capacity: 1-2
- Floor Dimensions: 90" x 60"-72" (head, depending on pitch height) / 36" (foot)
- Floor Area: 27-32 sq ft (depending on pitch height)
- Interior Height: 41"-47"
Weight: 7.9oz (trail), 11.1oz (packed)
- Fabric: 10D Nylon 66 Ripstop Sil/Sil
- Reinforcement Fabric: 30D Nylon 66 Ripstop Sil/Sil