Ships in 1-2 Days | Based in Biddeford, Maine | Est. 2010
Hyperlite Mountain Gear's preferred pack for backpacking in open, wet and wooded trails.
The 3400 Windrider has made a name for itself as the ideal Appalachian Trail thru hiking pack with its massive mesh pockets that help to dry wet gear on the move, and its adaptable carrying capacity as supplies accumulate and dwindle along the route. Ideal for weekend, section, or thru hikes where resupply points are less frequent and/or for equipment flexibility. When the extra volume is not in use, the 3400’s top can roll down enough to make the overall size of the pack similar to the 2400, but that additional space can come in pretty handy when you need it.
- Internal Frame + Padded Hip Belt.
- Roll-Top closure system
- Three external mesh pockets makes it easy to see what's in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
- Zippered pockets on hip belt
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Daisy chains on shoulder straps
- Internal mesh sleeve for hydration bladder
- Integrated 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Two removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Top Y-strap compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Volume: 55L (3400 cu. in.) main body
- External: 9.8L
- Dimensions: 34" (height fully unrolled)
- Back width: 10.5"
- Top circumference: 40”
- Bottom circumference: 33.5”
- Load Capacity: Up to 40 lbs
- Small: 15”-17” torso
- Medium: 17”-19” torso
- Large: 19”-21” torso
- Tall: 21"+ torso
Weight: 31.7oz (may vary slightly by torso size)
- Body: DCH50 & DCH150
- External Pockets: Dyneema® Hardline
- Shoulder Straps & Hipbelt: Hardline with Dyneema®, Closed cell foam, Spacer mesh