Ships in 1-2 business days | Based in Columbus, OH | Est. 2009
Lightweight and durable with minimal stretch, the silicone impregnated ripstop polyester fabric 1.1oz/yd² (20D) of the Hammock Gear Journey Tarp will keep you out of the elements.
This durable, ultralight backpacking tarp system with doors is both water and windproof, and resists the retention of water much better than traditional nylon tarps and tents. Reinforced with 210D Polyester, all tie outs are built with grosgrain, and come standard featuring 1/2" Beastee D-Rings on the 6 perimeter tie outs, four door tie outs, four panel pull outs, and 3/4" Beastee D-Rings on the ridgeline tie outs.
Note: The four diamond panel pull outs require seam sealing (kit included). Many find that seam sealing the ridgeline of the tarp is not necessary, but it is recommended.
- Reinforcement panels at high-stress areas
- Front wings provide storm coverage while pitching taught at a range of heights
- Silpoly is hydrophobic, meaning that it is made from non-polar molecules that repel water. Combined with an additional waterproof sealing, it can be quite effective against heavy rainfall.
- Does not sag or stretch when wet
- Seam Sealing Kit
- Stuff Sack
Notes: Does not include guylines or stakes
***Discounts are not available on Hammock Gear products.
- Ridgeline Length: 11ft (132")
- Baseline Length: 6.5ft (78")
- Width: 111" (measured from the middle of the baseline)
- Packed Size: 8.5" x 5" x 2.5"
- Tie Outs: 4 corners, 2 center, 4 doors, 2 ridgeline, 4 panel pullouts
- Fabric: 20D Silpoly (Silicone impregnated polyester)
- Tie out reinforcements: 210D Polyester
- Hardware: 1/2" and 3/4" D-Rings